1pMobile Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions constitute an Agreement ('Agreement') between you, the end user, and Telecommunications Management Limited trading as 1pMobile. You should read these terms carefully. By using the Service(s) you will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these Terms and Conditions.
- 'we' or ' us' means Telecommunications Management Limited trading as 1pMobile.
- 'You' or 'you' means the customer named in the application (whether online or verbally via either our Customer Services or Sales Teams) for 1pMobile Services and 'your' shall be construed accordingly.
- 'SIM card' means the Subscriber Identity Module which enables you to use the Mobile services when inserted into a compatible mobile phone.
- 'Tariff' shall mean our prices relating to your use of the Service on the Price Plan you are using from time to time, which may include both fixed and variable monthly charges, as published on our website.
- This Agreement will commence on the date that you agree to the terms that we offer you (whether by accepting them online or via our Customer Services or Sales Teams) and will continue thereafter unless cancelled by us in accordance with 2(b) below or by you at any time not having met the minimum Top-up Requirement set out in Clause 3 below. The Commencement Date for any Service shall be the date that such Service is made available to you.
- We reserve the right to cancel this Agreement prior to any Services going live if we are unable to verify any of the information provided to us by you, and at our sole discretion where we have any commercial, technical or operational reasons for not providing you with the Service(s), and you shall not be entitled to compensation of any form whatsoever where we have exercised this right in respect of our failure to supply the Service(s) or otherwise.
- TOP-UP REQUIREMENT
- In order to remain a customer you must top-up your 1pMobile phone/account at least once every 120 days (4 months). If you fail to do so, we will close your 1pMobile account and your mobile number will be disconnected.
- THE SERVICES
- We will use reasonable efforts to make the Service(s) available but owing to the nature of communication networks,
it is impossible to provide a fault free service; the quality and coverage of the Service(s) depends on both the communication network to which you are connected and also on other communication
networks to which the person you may be calling is connected. We may use whichever network(s) we consider appropriate to supply these Services to you, and may change the network(s)
we are using at any time and without notice provided this does not affect the price(s) which we are charging you.
The Service(s) might be adversely affected by too many people trying to use the network at the same time, physical features such as buildings and underpasses and by atmospheric conditions or
other causes of interference and may fail or require maintenance without notice. For mobile services, any coverage maps are our best estimate but not a guarantee of service coverage which may vary from
place to place.
- We will use reasonable efforts to obtain access to compatible networks in other countries; we call this 'roaming'. You should bear in mind that your ability to use overseas networks will depend upon the arrangements between the foreign operators and the network we are using to provide the Service(s) from time to time. We do not guarantee the availability of roaming in any overseas country, and if roaming is available, the cost of making or receiving a call will be significantly higher than in the UK.
- We will endeavour to provide you with the various features offered by your handset and network provider, however, we do not accept any responsibility if any of these features are not supported by us and/or the network provider we use and/or the handset you have chosen.
- We will provide you with a SIM card free of charge to enable you to use the Service. It may have been programmed so that you will not be able to use overseas networks or to make international or premium rate calls; if you want to use the mobile phone to make such calls, then you should login to your account area on our website and choose the types of calls you wish to allow or call our Customer Services Team.
- If we are providing a voicemail service, then in the interest of other users, we may limit the number and duration of messages that can be left on your voicemail service. Please note that confidentiality of messages cannot be guaranteed. You must not record an abusive, defamatory, or obscene greeting message; if you do so, we may change it without notice or withdraw your voicemail facility at our discretion.
- Any phone or other equipment used by you to access the Service(s) must be lawfully approved for connection. You must not use the Service(s) for any improper or unlawful purpose or in a manner which causes a nuisance. You must comply with any instructions we give you about the Service(s). While using your mobile phone, you must not reverse the charges on any telephone call or accept a reverse charge call. This clause also applies to anyone else using the Service(s) with your permission.
- Customers using our Mobile service on a 'SIM only' basis should be aware that we are unable to guarantee that the SIM Card we provide will be compatible with your handset. You may need to arrange for your handset to be unlocked before you can use our Service. This is likely to be required if the handset was originally supplied by O2, Vodafone or '3'.
- It is unlikely, but we may need to change your voicemail number, mobile phone number or any other number from time to time, or to use a different network or carrier. We will let you know if this is going to affect you.
- Please note that the charges for the Service(s) will be calculated using data recorded by the carriers and networks which we use, and not from any data recorded by you. In the event of any dispute, the call data record from the carrier or network shall be deemed to be conclusive evidence of that usage. You are responsible for all call charges made on your Service(s), howsoever arising and whether or not such calls were made with your authority or knowledge.
- PAYMENT AND CHARGES
- Our website shows the types of charges most frequently incurred when using the Service(s); it also contains full tariff details on all our other charges.
- All calls are charged in accordance with the price plan you have chosen. Call setup charges do not apply to free or fixed price calls.
- LOSS OF MOBILE PHONE
- If your mobile phone is stolen or if you lose it, please contact us immediately so that we can prevent further calls being made from it; you will be required to pay for any chargeable usage (e.g. calls, texts and data) up to the time you notify us.
- SUSPENSION OF THE SERVICES
- At our sole discretion, we can suspend or disconnect the provision of the Service(s) immediately, without telling you and without notice if:
In the above cases this Agreement does not come to an end during any period of suspension, however, any remaining daily usage entitlement (i.e. the Top-up Requirement) will continue to elapse. Any stored voicemail greetings or messages may be lost. Any unused call credit on Mobile services will be lost.
- we believe you are using the Service(s) in an unauthorised way, or for criminal activities or for the transmission of any material which is of a defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene or menacing nature;
- we are aware or have reason to believe that this Agreement has been entered into fraudulently or we are satisfied that fraudulent or improper use of the Service is taking place;
- we have reason to believe the security of the SIM card may be prejudiced;
- you notify us that the mobile phone has been lost or stolen;
- we have reasonable grounds for believing you may not pay any amount(s) that are, or may become, due from you;
- your phone number is being advertised in or on a public phone box or other public space for solicitation purposes;
- your payment choice and/or top-up method instruction is refused or cancelled;
- you do anything (or allow anything to be done) which we reasonably believe may damage or affect the operation of the networks or adversely affect the service or Services that we provide to our customers; or
- you fail to meet the minimum Top-up Requirement as set out in clause 3a above.
- there are reasons outside of our control.
- If you are unable to use all of the Services for a continuous period of 24 hours because:
then each such 24-hour period will be ignored for the purposes of the minimum Top-up Requirement, and any period referred to within this agreement shall be extended accordingly.
- there is a technical failure of the networks;
- they are being tested, modified or maintained; or
- access is denied to us
- VARIATION OF CHARGES
- We reserve the right to increase or decrease our charges and/or introduce new charges from time to time, this includes where there has been a regulatory change which affects the cost of us providing the Service to you or an increase in the rate of VAT. If we increase any of our charges and we believe that increase is likely to be to your significant disadvantage (i.e. an overall increase in excess of the rate of the Retail Price Index for the period since those charges were last updated by us, to the total amount we are currently charging you for this Service), we will give you at least 30 days' prior notice; in such circumstances, except where the increase results substantially from a regulatory or tax change, you may cancel the Service to which the increase relates with immediate effect by notifying us before any such increase takes effect. If you have not notified us that you wish to cancel during this period, you will be deemed to have accepted the variation.
- ENDING OF THIS AGREEMENT
- You may cancel any Service(s) with immediate effect and without penalty by notifying us within 14 days of entering into this Agreement however you will still be liable for any
costs you have incurred in using the Services in the meantime.
- You may notify us that you wish to end this Agreement immediately if:
- we have committed a material breach of this Agreement and fail to put it right within 14 days of you asking us to do so in writing; or
- all of the Services are permanently no longer available to you; or
- you choose not to pay a deposit which we have requested in accordance with this Agreement, however in this circumstance you must either return any Equipment to us in good condition or pay the early termination fee(s).
- We may end this Agreement immediately by writing to you if:
If we receive notification from another provider that you have asked them to take over the supply of any Service(s) we are supplying, we will treat the date of that notification as the start of the notice you are required to provide to us.
- you do anything (or allow anything to be done) which we reasonably believe may damage or affect the operation of the networks; or
- you become bankrupt or make any arrangement with creditors or go into liquidation or become subject to an administration order or a receiver is appointed over any of your assets; or
- you commit a breach of this Agreement (e.g. you fail to pay charges on the due date, or to pay us a deposit we have requested in accordance with these terms) and do not put it right within 14 days of being asked by us in writing to do so; or
- we are no longer able to provide the Services to you on a permanent basis.
- When this Agreement comes to an end:
- the Service and/or Equipment will be disconnected;
- you may not be able to transfer the telephone number(s) you have been using on our Service to another provider;
- we will repay any deposit you have given us, upon request, but only if you do not owe us any money; and
- if we have received notification that your Service is being transferred to another provider, and you continue using our Service after any notice period has expired, then you will remain responsible for all charges until the Service is actually transferred.
- LIABILITY AND EXCLUSIONS
- We will be liable to you if our negligence causes death or personal injury. In all other circumstances, we will not be liable for loss of profits or revenue, loss of use, lost business or missed opportunities, wasted expenditure or savings you might have made. There may be occasions when we are unable to provide the Services because of something outside of our reasonable control. We will not be liable to you if that is the case, and if you choose to use an alternative carrier or network then we will not be responsible for that carrier's charges.
- When you use the Services, the identity of your telephone number may be sent through the networks so as to be identified to the phone being called. It may be used by us to identify you when calling our Customer Service number, or to divert calls to us for administration and for the investigation of fraud. You may be charged for any diversion.
- For your own protection, you must keep confidential any lock code(s) associated with your mobile phone, your voicemail access number, and any other personal identification or security number.
- In the event you decide to move your mobile telephone number to an alternative reseller or carrier, and you have completed any minimum contract term associated with that number (if applicable), then we will provide a porting authorisation code (PAC) to you upon request; the one month's notice of cancellation that you need to give us (if applicable) will commence on the date we issue the PAC to you. In the event your number is ported to another provider within the notice period, then you will still need to pay us all the fixed monthly charges (if applicable) on your Service up to the end of the notice period. In the event the PAC expires and you have not used it, then you will be deemed to have cancelled your notice to us, and we will continue providing your Mobile service in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If you subsequently request a further PAC code, this will be treated in the same way, and your one month's notice will start again from that date.
- We may at our sole discretion change the carrier(s) being used to route your call traffic at any time and without notice.
- You may have the right to refer certain disputes to arbitration in accordance with arbitration procedures set up by the network operator under its license, details of which are available from us upon request.
- 1pMobile is a brand of
Telecommunications Management Limited,
6 Oriel Court,
Omega Business Park,
- Registered in England. Company Number: 3592271.
- VAT No: GB 783 9953 59.
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 03333 44 22 78