1pMobile Terms and Conditions
Effective from 08 February 2024
These Terms and Conditions constitute an Agreement ('Agreement') between you, the end user, and Telecommunications Management Limited trading as 1pMobile 1pMobile in relation to 1pMobile's pay-as-you-go service. These Terms and Conditions also constitute an Agreement between the you and Utility Warehouse Limited in relation to the 1pMobile Data Boost services.
You should read these terms carefully. By using the Service(s) you will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these Terms and Conditions.
- 'we' or ' us' means Telecommunications Management Limited trading as 1pMobile.
- 'You' or 'you' means the customer named in the application (whether online or verbally via either our customer services or sales teams) for 1pMobile services and 'your' shall be construed accordingly.
- 'SIM card' means the Subscriber Identity Module we have supplied that enables you to use the Service when inserted into a compatible mobile phone.
- 'Tariff' shall mean our prices relating to your use of the Service on the Price Plan you are using from time to time, which may include both fixed and variable monthly charges, as published on our website.
- 'Boost' means the bundle you can add to your 1pMobile Pay-as-you-go service which is charged on a monthly basis.
- 'Pay-as-you-go service' means the mobile service where you top up your account with credit which can be used to make calls, send text messages and use data services.
- 'Service' means the mobile phone service provided by us to you using a SIM card.
- This Agreement will commence on the date that you agree to the terms that we offer you (whether by accepting them online or via our customer services or sales teams) and will continue thereafter unless cancelled by us in accordance with 2(b) below or by you at any time not having met the minimum top-up requirement set out in Clause 3 below. The commencement date ('Commencement Date') for any Service shall be the date that such Service is activated by you, or 7 days after the SIM card has been dispatched by us, whichever shall be the earliest.
- We reserve the right to cancel this Agreement prior to any Services going live if we are unable to verify any of the information provided to us by you, and at our sole discretion at any time where we have any commercial, technical or operational reasons for not providing you with the Service(s), and you shall not be entitled to compensation of any form whatsoever where we have exercised this right in respect of our failure to supply the Service(s) or otherwise.
- PAYMENT, TOP-UP AND SPEND REQUIREMENT
- For customers who are not taking a Boost/bundle (i. e. pure PAYG customers)
- Your 1pMobile service is subject to a minimum spend on calls, text, data and Boosts of £10 every 90 days.
If your actual spend during any 90-day billing period is below £10, we will deduct the shortfall from the credit balance on your account;
your usage period runs on a 90-day cycle from the Commencement Date, or for customers whos Commencement Data is before 1 February 2024 the date notified to you.
If we are unable to collect the shortfall because your credit balance is insufficient for us to do so, then your service will immediately be suspended until (i) the date you top-up your 1pMobile account, and (ii) 10 days have elapsed (in which case we will close your 1pMobile account and your mobile number will be disconnected), whichever shall come earlier. In addition, if the balance on your 1pMobile account falls to zero and you do not make a top-up within the following 10 days, then we will close your 1pMobile account and your mobile number will be disconnected.
- Closure of your account means,
- we will close your 1pMobile account,
- your mobile number will be disconnected,
- and any unused credit will be lost.
- If you have ported a mobile number to us then the number will be returned to the issuing network provider and may not be retrievable.
- For customers who are taking a Boost/bundle
- In order to remain a customer of our Boost Sservice, you must pay us the monthly amounts set out in your contract. If you fail to pay the monthly Boost charge, your Service will revert to our Pay-as-you-go service.
- If all Boosts have ended you will revert to the standard PAYG requirements as set out above, with the 90 day usage period starting from the day after the Boost ended.
- THE SERVICES
- We will use reasonable efforts to make the Service(s) available but owing to the nature of communication networks,
it is impossible to provide a fault free service; the quality and coverage of the Service(s) depends on both the communication network to which you are connected and also on other communication
networks to which the person you may be calling is connected. We may use whichever network(s) we consider appropriate to supply these Services to you, and may change the network(s)
we are using at any time and without notice provided this does not affect the price(s) which we are charging you.
The Service(s) might be adversely affected by too many people trying to use the network at the same time, physical features such as buildings and underpasses and by atmospheric conditions or
other causes of interference and may fail or require maintenance without notice. For mobile services, any coverage maps are our best estimate but not a guarantee of service coverage which may vary from
place to place.
- We will use reasonable efforts to obtain access to compatible networks in other countries; we call this 'roaming'. You should bear in mind that your ability to use overseas networks will depend upon the arrangements between the foreign operators and the network we are using to provide the Service(s) from time to time. We do not guarantee the availability of roaming in any overseas country, and if roaming is available, the cost of making or receiving a call may be significantly higher than in the UK.
- We will endeavour to provide you with the various features offered by your handset and network provider, however, we do not accept any responsibility if any of these features are not supported by us and/or the network provider we use and/or the handset you have chosen.
- We will provide you with a SIM card free of charge to enable you to use the Service. It may have been programmed so that you will not be able to use overseas networks or to make international or premium rate calls; if you want to use the mobile phone to make such calls, then you should login to your account area on our website and choose the types of calls you wish to enable or call our customer services team.
- If we are providing a voicemail service, then in the interest of other users, we may limit the number and duration of messages that can be left on your voicemail service. Please note that confidentiality of messages cannot be guaranteed. You must not record an abusive, defamatory, or obscene greeting message; if you do so, we may change it without notice or withdraw your voicemail facility at our discretion.
- Any phone or other equipment used by you to access the Service(s) must be lawfully approved for connection. You must not use the Service(s) for any improper or unlawful purpose or in a manner which causes a nuisance. You must comply with any instructions we give you about the Service(s). While using your mobile phone, you must not reverse the charges on any telephone call or accept a reverse charge call. This clause also applies to anyone else using the Service(s) with your permission.
- Customers using our Service on a 'SIM only' basis should be aware that we are unable to guarantee that the SIM card we provide will be compatible with your handset. You may need to arrange for your handset to be unlocked before you can use our Service. This is likely to be required if the handset was originally supplied by O2, Vodafone or '3'.
- It is unlikely, but we may need to change your voicemail number, mobile phone number or any other number from time to time, or to use a different network or carrier. We will let you know if this is going to affect you.
- Please note that the charges for the Service(s) will be calculated using data recorded by the carriers and networks which we use, and not from any data recorded by you. In the event of any dispute, the call data record from the carrier or network shall be deemed to be conclusive evidence of that usage. You are responsible for all call charges made on your Service(s), howsoever arising and whether or not such calls were made with your authority or knowledge.
- Offers and Unlimited Boosts/bundles
- Any introductory prices will be nulled if Auto renewal is cancelled or fails within the first 3 months of purchase and you will be charged the full price of the selected package.
- Allowances are for calls, texts, and mobile internet usage from within the UK to standard UK landlines (starting 01, 02, or 03), mobile numbers (starting 07, and not personal numbers). 5G availability is subject to handset model and location. One plan per customer, per 30-day period. Offer and terms subject to change.
- Customers that currently have an active Unlimited Data Boost are not eligible to purchase another Unlimited Data Boost until their current Unlimited Data Boost expires. Customers with an active Unlimited Data Boost are prohibited from purchasing any other data Boost/bundle with a specified data allowance during the validity period of their active Unlimited Data Boost. Attempting to purchase another Unlimited Data Boost or a data Boost/bundle with a data allowance while having an active Unlimited Data Boost will result in an error and the purchase will not be completed.
- Fair Usage Policy and Important Information re Harming the network for others
- The policy states that if a customerís usage is reasonably believed to be harming the network or impacting other usersí access or experience, it would be considered a breach of the Fair Usage Policy.
- Unreasonably Large Data Usage: The policy specifies that using a significantly large amount of data, such as around 400GB within a specific period, would be considered excessive. Itís common for service providers to set such limits to prevent a small number of users from monopolising network resources. Reduced Speed: If a customer exceeds the defined data usage limit, the service provider may reduce their internet speed to a slower rate, such as 128Kbps . This reduced speed is typically referred to as throttling.
- If the service provider suspects that a customer is in breach of the Fair Usage Policy, they reserve the right to investigate the customerís usage further to determine whether it aligns with the policy.
- If a breach is confirmed, the service provider may take action, such as reducing the customerís internet speed or even suspending their services temporarily or permanently. The specific actions would depend on the severity of the breach and the providerís policies. Itís important for customers to be aware of and adhere to their service providerís Fair Usage Policy to avoid any disruptions in service. These policies are typically in place to ensure that network resources are fairly distributed among all users and to maintain a reasonable quality of service for everyone.
- Customers are encouraged to review their providerís Fair Usage Policy to understand the specific terms and conditions that apply to their service.
- The Fair Usage Policy is not static and can be updated or modified by 1pMobile at their discretion. This means that the terms and conditions outlined in the Fair Usage Policy may change over time. Fair Usage is effective from 01 August 2023.
- 1pMobile has the authority to set, adjust, and enforce the Fair Usage Policy. This includes defining the usage limits, data thresholds, and any actions taken in the event of a breach of the policy.
- Roaming fair use guidelines within the EU/EEA.
- You may only use our services, on your standard tariff, in the EU/EEA/Zone1 destinations for periodic travel, like holidays or short breaks.
- As part of our fair use policy, we may monitor and check your roaming use over a rolling 90 day period. If, during this period, you have spent more time abroad than at home and/or your roaming usage exceeds your domestic usage we reserve the right to apply a surcharge of £1. 00 per day to your roaming consumption. This surcharge will be taken from your credit balance on a daily basis.
- There is also the possibility that the local network will block your service if they see your phone/SIM is connected for extended periods beyond 60 consecutive days.
- With our Boosts there is a cap of 14GB when using the data in the EU with roam-like-at-home. Any additional data used, over 14GB, will be charged at the standard PAYG rate of 1p a MB.
- Roaming outside the EU/EEA.
- The costs of using our services outside the EU are significantly higher then within the EU and may use up your credit very quickly.
- Calls to the emergency services.
- Access to the Emergency Services is available by dialling 999 from your mobile (and 112 whilst roaming in the European Union). Calls to 999 (and 112 whilst roaming in the EU) are free of charge and can be made even if you do not have any credit on your account.
- If your Mobile service experiences a fault, or loses signal it may not be possible to contact the Emergency Services.
- PAYMENT AND CHARGES
- Our website shows the types of charges most frequently incurred when using the Service(s); it also contains full tariff details on all our other charges.
- All calls, texts and data usage are charged in accordance with the price plan/tariff/bundle you have chosen. Call setup charges (if applicable) do not apply to free or fixed price calls.
- Calls to numbers beginning 08 (but excluding 0800 and 0808), 09 or 118 made using our mobile service (eg: 0845, 0870, 09XXX) will be charged by adding the service charge set by the organisation you are calling to our published mobile service access charge for these types of calls. The access charge is calculated on a Ďper secondí basis subject to a minimum of one minute per call, rounded up to the nearest whole penny.
- You will be charged for each call, text and MB of data, on the network that provided the service, even if this was not your intended Communications Provider; to prevent this from happening, you should turn off Ďautomatic network selectioní on your handset and manually select the preferred network Ė this is particularly important in areas close to national borders (where calls may be charged as if you were roaming) and when travelling outside the UK.
- A call ends when:
- you end the call on your device; or
- up to 16 seconds after your calling device loses signal for any reason (note: we continue to maintain the call in case your device re-establishes a signal with our network within this period); or
- you do not end the call on your device, up to 30 seconds after the last third party you were connected to has ended their call.
- Text messages that are over 160 characters in length may be split by your mobile device into smaller messages and recombined by the recipientís mobile device. In this event, each individual message is deducted from any inclusive allowance or charged at the appropriate rate for the text message, including the roaming rate, if you are abroad.
- Some Smart Phone Applications (Apps) send text messages and/or data packets to the App Developer when first used or activated, and/or subsequently, and you may not be aware that such text messages have been sent. Any such messages will be deducted from any data Boost or charged at the appropriate rate for the text message / data used.
- Replacement SIM cards (if required) will be charged at £2. 50 each.
- LOSS OF MOBILE PHONE
- If your mobile phone is stolen or if you lose it, please contact us immediately so that we can prevent further calls being made from it; you will be required to pay for any chargeable usage (e. g. calls, texts and data) up to the time you notify us.
- Replacement SIM cards (if required) will be charged at £2. 50 each.
- SUSPENSION OF THE SERVICES
- At our sole discretion, we can suspend or disconnect the provision of the Service(s) immediately, without telling you and without notice if:
- we believe you are using the Service(s) in an unauthorised way, or for criminal activities or for the transmission of any material which is of a defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene or menacing nature;
- we are aware or have reason to believe that this Agreement has been entered into fraudulently or we are satisfied that fraudulent or improper use of the Service is taking place;
- we believe that the Service(s) are being used for spam or bulk messaging (unless previously authorised by ourselves)
- we have reason to believe the security of the SIM card may be prejudiced;
- you notify us that the mobile phone has been lost or stolen;
- we have reasonable grounds for believing you may not pay any amount(s) that are, or may become, due from you;
- your phone number is being advertised in or on a public phone box or other public space for solicitation purposes;
- your payment choice and/or top-up method instruction is refused or cancelled;
- we are informed that the card or payment method used to make any top-up is not held in your name or not registered to you at the address you have provided to us;
- you do anything (or allow anything to be done) which we reasonably believe may damage or affect the operation of the networks or adversely affect the service or Services that we provide to our customers;
- you fail to meet the minimum Top-up Requirement as set out in clause 3a above; or
- there are reasons outside of our control.
- This Agreement does not come to an end during any period of suspension, any Top-up Requirement (as set out in clause 3) will continue to apply, and any stored voicemail greetings or messages may be lost. Any unused call credit on Mobile services will be lost. You are only entitled to a refund in respect of any unused credit held on your account under the following circumstances:
- you have notified us that you wish to cancel your account within 14 days of application.
- You have notified us that you want to switch the Service to another provider, have requested your credit and paid the Credit Refund Fee.
- If you are unable to use all of the Services for a continuous period of 24 hours because:
then each such 24-hour period will be ignored for the purposes of the minimum Top-up Requirement, and any period referred to within this agreement shall be extended accordingly.
- there is a technical failure of the networks;
- they are being tested, modified or maintained; or
- access is denied to us
- VARIATION OF CHARGES
- We may make changes from time to time to these terms as well as to charges, benefits or other terms/documents which apply, or introduce new terms. We may have to make these changes because:
Any contractual changes not to your benefit will be notified to you with at least 30-days notice and will give you the right to leave your contract without charge. By continuing to use the Services following any such change, you will be deemed to have accepted such variation.
- of changes to law, regulation, guidance, industry codes, Ombudsman or court or regulator decisions;
- of changes to the terms and conditions upon which we are able to obtain services from our suppliers;
- we believe it is necessary for us to do so, for example the way we run our business changes or the cost of providing the products or services or running our business changes, i. e. a change in our cost of funding, technology (including our systems) and service costs.
- ENDING OF THIS AGREEMENT
- You may cancel any Service(s) with immediate effect and without penalty by notifying us within 14 days of entering into this Agreement, however you will still be liable for any costs you have incurred in using the Services in the meantime.
- You may notify us that you wish to end this Agreement immediately if:
- we have committed a material breach of this Agreement and fail to put it right within 14 days of you asking us to do so in writing; or
- all of the Services are permanently no longer available to you; or
- all of the Services are permanently no longer required by you.
- We may end this Agreement immediately by writing to you if:
- you commit a breach of this Agreement (including any of the circumstances set out in clause 7 above) and do not put it right within 14 days of being asked by us in writing to do so; or
- we are no longer able to provide the Services to you on a permanent basis.
- If we receive notification from another provider that you have asked them to take over the supply of any Service(s) we are supplying, this agreement will terminate immediately upon the transfer of your mobile number to that provider.
- When this Agreement comes to an end:
- the Service and/or Equipment will be disconnected; and
- you may not be able to transfer the telephone number(s) you have been using on our Service to another provider; and
- any unused credit will be lostl, unless you have requested for the credit to be paid out when you switch to another provider and paid us the Credit Refund fee.
- LIABILITY AND EXCLUSIONS
- We will be liable to you if our negligence causes death or personal injury. In all other circumstances, we will not be liable for loss of profits or revenue, loss of use, lost business or missed opportunities, wasted expenditure or savings you might have made. There may be occasions when we are unable to provide the Services because of something outside of our reasonable control. We will not be liable to you if that is the case, and if you choose to use an alternative carrier or network then we will not be responsible for that carrier's charges.
- We look after your personal data carefully and in line with UK data protection law. For full details of how we handle your personal data, please see the Privacy Notice available at https://1pmobile.com/privacy-policy.
- When you use the Services, the identity of your telephone number may be sent through the networks so as to be identified to the phone being called. It may be used by us to identify you when calling our customer service number, or to divert calls to us for administration and for the investigation of fraud. You may be charged for any diversion.
- For your own protection, you must keep confidential any lock code(s) associated with your mobile phone, your voicemail access number, and any other personal identification or security number.
- In the event you decide to move your mobile telephone number to an alternative provider or network we will provide a porting authorisation code ('PAC') to you upon request. In the event the PAC expires and you have not used it, then you will be deemed to have cancelled your notice to us, and we will continue providing your Service in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If you subsequently request a further PAC code, this will be treated in the same way.
- We may at our sole discretion change the carrier(s) being used to route your call traffic at any time and without notice.
- You may have the right to refer certain disputes to arbitration in accordance with arbitration procedures set up by the network operator under its licence, details of which are available from us upon request.
- Whilst we make every effort to provide the services to you, there are times, potentially, but not limited to, technical issues or delays at system or network level, when the information displayed in your account may be out of alignment with the actual status on the real-time billing network systems. In-flight tariff and setting changes may not correctly show in your account until the changes have been confirmed at the network level.
- If you need to make a complaint please follow our Customer complaints code at https://www.1pmobile.com/customer-complaints-code. If youíve followed our process and your complaint remains unresolved after eight weeks you can contact the Ombudsman Services Communication. You can find out more at Ombudsman Services or by phoning 0330 440 1614.
- 1pMobile Customer Service
6 Oriel Court,
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 03333 44 22 78
- VAT No: GB 783 9953 59.
- 1pMobile is a brand and trading name of Telecommunications Management Limited.
Registered office: Network HQ, 508 Edgware Road, London, NW9 5AB.
Registered in England. Company Number: 03592271.
Telecommunications Management Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Utility Warehouse Limited, Registered in England, Company number: 04594421.
* Calls to or 0333 number (and all 03xx numbers) are charged at your standard network rate as if calling an 01 or 02 number.
Terms & Conditions for customers who joined between 01 January 2021 to 07 February 2024 can be found here
Terms & Conditions for customers who joined between 01 March 2016 to 31 December 2020 can be found here